Sunday, March 20, 2011

Posting

I haven't posted in a few days. I've been working on glasses, jewelry and a mirror. You can see them at
http://tinyurl.com/DarkwaterGalleries

I'm exhausted. It takes a bit longer than I expected to update the shop.

I'm considering posting a how to on basic etching. There are dozens out there for acid etching, but it seems that few people etch by hand these days. I suppose it's "easier". You put on a pre-made stencil, rub on the acid and wait a few minutes. Rinse with water and you're done. It's easy, but you get a lighter result than diamond hand etching. Plus, unless you have a very steady hand with an exacto blade to make your own stencils, you're limited to other people's designs and you can't create many of your designs. With hand etching, however, if you can draw it, you can etch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment